2011 m. liepos 21 d., ketvirtadienis

Special blog entry for all my friends who don't speak Lithuanian

Hey!

So, tomorrow will be 2 weeks since I landed here in Cape Town (also known as the Mother City or sometimes as the Cape of Good Hope :)). And I believe that I do owe All of You at least a short story about how things have been going for me over here.

Since I got here it seems that I have been living a dream. I still can't believe that I am here in this absolutely gorgeous city! I have already met a lot of wonderful people, traveled a bit, ate a lot of amazing food (especially see food), climbed the Table Mountain (up and down in 2 hours!), started my internship and managed to properly settle down and blend in a little.

So, to keep the story short, all is going well. The weather has been very good so far (even though according to the locals it should be cold and wet right now), I live in a nice house about 3 minutes walk from the school where I work in an area called Woodstock (which is actually very nice and slowly starts feeling like home). I do have electricity, running water, internet, phone and all of those things (if any of you are worried) :)

My internship is very interesting. So far I have been spending time with different teachers and children in order to get to know them better. At first, I was a little worried that I won't know how to behave or what to do with children who have special needs but it is much easier and at the same time much more challenging than it may seem. I will have to do a lot of different things, such as individual therapy with 10 different kids every week, helping teachers out in the classrooms, doing evaluations and participating in parents' meetings etc. Will tell you more when I know more myself :)

I think I have briefly covered everything now :) If you have any questions, just ask :)

Missing you lots.

M.

P. S. A few more pictures (older ones are in the below posts):
My Alpha Shool

School again but you can see the mountain better :)
Crazy central bus station

Crazy central bus station 2
City

This is what I bought at the Earth Fair food market today :)

Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą